Murata is the market leading manufacturer and supplier of sensitive (low-g) acceleration and inclination sensors to the global automotive industry. Based on over 20 years of experience, we are the pioneer in the active application of silicon sensor technology to road safety.
- product development starting with in-house silicon sensor element design,
- custom ASIC development and application specific packaging,
- ending with complete calibrated and tested sensors.
The company's own process development and high volume mass production carried out in according to the automotive quality requirements (TS16949 and ISO 14100 certified) have been essential contributions to our good reputation as a high quality supplier. Reliability and quality are increasingly emphasized in active safety solutions.
Emerging Automotive Sensor Applications
Today ESC is still the main sensor application, but new applications – especially for gyros - are emerging all the time. Although the objective in most applications remains the same, improving road safety, we could soon see also user interface applications taking advantage of the high performance inertial sensors.
Should you have such a new concept or project in mind, do not hesitate to get in touch with Murata and take full benefit from our MEMS expertise!
- ABS - Anti-lock Braking System
- ARC - Control of Roll Stability
- Automatic Stop-Start
- ECS - Electronically Controlled Suspension
- EPB - Electronic Parking Brake
- ESC - Electronic Stability Control
- Engine Anti-Vibration
- HSA - Hill Start Assistance
- Heartbeat detection and advanced anti-theft
- Motorcycle Fuel Cut
- ROV - Roll Over Sensors
- Heavy Duty Vehicles